11.9.13

potatoes and zucchini soup

Hello!
Weather over here in Milan is finally changing, it's getting colder and the days are so much shorter.
Soup season is starting. I love making soups: both simple and complex ones.
Soup can be a great way to use left overs and what's available in the fridge.

Cooking and eating soup makes me feel cuddled and relax and on top of that it's an healthy option!

Last night I made potatoes and zucchini soup. Some of you know zucchini by their other name "courgette". Simple and yummy.


















Pan fry diced potatoes with some shallots and then cover them with vegetable stock. I make my own using celery, carrots, onions, garlic and a bit of parsley. You can use store bought stock, just use the best quality you can afford. Stock is a main ingredient in soup!

Chop the zucchini e throw them in the pot, close with lid and let it simmer until the veg are tender. Then using a blender to liquidise it.
I like to add some oregano to it. If you use dry one add it while cooking, if it's fresh add it when the soup is ready.

Serve it with some nice Parmesan shavings and a bit of pepper.
Let me know how it goes when you try it!

4 comments:

  1. I had a big bowl of zucchini soup for lunch :-) It's one of my favourites. I never add oregano, but I might do that the next time I make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good! I love the warm cuddle feeling I get from soup too, its just nice and comforting. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so tasty! I love the Parmesan on top :)

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment here. I would love to hear from you!