9.9.14

a new direction: I hope you're going to stay

I've been thinking about this for a while now. I came to the conclusion that to grow and go forward I need to change a few things here on the blog.
There have been days when I found it very difficult to share things here and nothing seemed to motivate me enough to actually sit down and write something. Why? I think is because I felt under pressure. I had the feeling I had to write a blog because that's what you do when you have a small handmade business and you try to advertise it.
This doesn't work anymore for me. I don't want to feel like I have to do something. So there are going to be some changes. Good ones I hope. I know I'll feel better and hopefully you will like them too.

In the next few weeks I'm going to work on the design part of this blog of mine that has been neglected for so long. I'll probably incorporated it with with my own site and I'll clean the look for sure. I hope it will be easier to navigate and find the different topics.

The most important thing thought will be the new content. Everything will rotate around my way of living in a big city while dreaming of living beside the sea or nearby a forest. I'm a city dweller dreaming of leaving it behind and embrace a simpler life. Unfortunately I can't do that right now, so I adjusted my lifestyle and decided a few years ago to try to have a simpler life while living in a city.
I want to share with you my everyday efforts, dreams and projects that help me to stay sane and keep dreaming.

So what should you aspect? Posts about home cooked food, second hand finds, DIY, recycling projects, crafts and scenes from our daily lives (my Irish husband Ed, Maggie and Lisa* and me).
My handmade line of goods is a part of my way of living so you'll see also a bit of that, especially works in progress and inspirations.
*our kittens!

I hope I didn't scare you off and that you're going to stay around!

A couple of days I found a very inspiring video on TED and I thought it would be the perfect thing to share with you today. It's about "how to grow a tiny forest anywhere" by Shubhendu Sharma.
It's only 5 minutes long and you can find it here.

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like some great changes. I personally like a blog that is a mix of business life and personal life. It's always nice to get to know the artist behind the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my own blog is a mix of the personal and business - I think it humanizes a small business (or even a big business) to write/publish posts about what goes into the making or finding of the products one sells. I hate blogs that are ONLY about selling products. Please continue your new direction - I'm excited to have the chance to see where you take it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it! My blog is titled "Artwork & Play" because it's impossible for me to separate the two. I hope you find your happy medium. If you're ever in Florida, you can come hike my beloved trail with me. I'm a city turned country girl \nature recluse through and through. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish I could come to Florida :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds great Mirta, i also decided to keep it simple few years ago when i left my career and day job I'll be looking forward to read and see

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Yael, I find your art very inspirational. It reflects your simple life style, which is great!

      Delete
  5. I'm new to your blog, but excited to see what you'll do next. I love reading a mix of life plus art...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good news! I'll be waiting for your new blog! :))

    ReplyDelete

please leave a comment here. I would love to hear from you!